Tuesday, May 22, 2018

How To Walk Away


“More than anything, I know that you just have to choose to make the best of things. You get one life, and it only goes forward. And there really are all kinds of happy endings.”

This will probably be one of the best beach reads of the summer. This is a quick, fun-loving, heart-warming, funny read. I loved almost every character in the book and championed for all of them throughout each of their independent struggles and as they struggled together. Center keeps the reader engaged with little twists here and there and delivers an easy, albeit satisfying conclusion.

The Epilogue reads just like the ending of Disney's Tangled as narrates by Rapunzel and made me think that this story would make the perfect romantic comedy.

Now...who to cast for the main characters?? Here's a running list of what I have so far...

Margaret (Maggie): Rachel McAdams?

Kit: Isla Fisher?

Margaret's Mother: Jane Fonda? (too old?)

Margaret's Father: The actor who plays Coach in the old TV show--and the Dad in The Family Stone

Ian: Idris Alba? (too soon after The Mountain Between Us??)

Chip: Shia LeBouf?

Chip's Mother: Emily Gilmore...wait, what is the actress's real name??

Tara: Megan Fox?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still Alice

“My yesterdays are disappearing, and my tomorrows are uncertain, so what do I live for? I live for each day. I live in the moment. Some tom...